Pump Works Water Station
$792.00 incl GST
A water system powered the old-fashioned way- by hand! The perfect way to support playful STEM learning in your outdoor learning space.
Children love the physical action of pumping and are fascinated by the running water and the gratification of seeing the water flow from the pump as a result of their efforts. One of our most popular items from Kodo Kids!
A great kids water play station, encouraging playful learning with water for indoors or outdoors!
Water the garden, weave through the fence or playground, or just splash around! This pumping system has many open ended options for the kids. Our package includes a large steel tub, a durable pump, pump mount, and several sections of tube and connectors. The children can build a system of tunnels and pump water through to see the result, or a simple setup can be put together by a teacher for a more controlled water experience.
Pump Works Water Station includes:
– 56cm x 36cm galvanised steel tub with handles
– sturdy PVC pump mount, pump, and intake
– 7.6m of clear flexible tubing attachment
– chutes and connectors
– assembly guide and maintenance instructions
Outdoor Ramps shown in video sold separately
Ideas for Provocation:
Guide children through the discovery process. Avoid explaining the pump, simply set it up and get it working. As they begin to pump, ask questions like “How does moving the handle make water?” “Where does that water come from?” Let them discover the not-so-obvious relationship between moving the handle and flowing water. The perfect resource encouraging water play for children’s learning.
Does it need a dedicated water source?
No, just fill it up with a hose or buckets of water. As long as they are pumping the water back into the tub, it will not need a continuous water source.
How do we prime our Pump Works for First Use?
Priming will need to occur for first use and if the pump has sat without use for awhile. Priming means getting the suction back in the pump. To do so, just pour water in the outtake (where the water is supposed to come out) while pumping vigorously. You will hear the water flow and start to gain traction.
- The pump mount design has changed recently, and the first photo is the current version. Like any hand pump, it must be occasionally primed to keep its suction. When tub is filled with water, simply pour water into the water outtake as you vigorously pump. See user guide for details.
- This product requires monthly maintenance to work smoothly.
- Some assembly required.