The Wheels and Axles Kit supports play and investigation of simple machines, vehicles, wheels and axle combinations, chain reaction, and loose parts construction.
Wooden wheels easily click on and off the axles. Children may choose to use wheels of all the same size or can experiment with combinations such as small wheels on the front axle with large on the back. Bumpy wheels will actually spin very smoothly, while oval -shaped wheels will make for a wobbly motion.
The scale of the components makes for a large construction experience and creative combinations of the parts and pieces and helps children look at connections closely to understand how the mechanics of wheels and axles work together to make up a mechanical part.
Linking the platforms with classroom materials such as jump ropes allows children to represent train cars, cars with trailers, and multi-trailer trucks. This playful kit is a great compliment to your block or construction area!
Children will naturally add dramatic play stories to their experiences, collaborate with peers, and incorporate other loose parts from your classroom as they represent real-world structures, vehicles and mechanisms.
The Wheels and Axles Kit Includes:
- 24 wooden wheels in various shapes and sizes
- 6 wooden axles
- 3 wooden platforms to connect it all together
- A portable storage base contains all the loose parts when not in use.
Made in the USA
- Not intended for permanent use outdoors, not weather or water-resistant
- Inclusions are listed above, not all items in videos or images are included, and are shown only to illustrate how various packs can fit together to further investigative play