Set of 50 Natural Tasmanian Driftwood Blocks, sustainably collected from freshwater sources, then carefully cut and expertly sanded to perfection, these one of a kind blocks truly are nature’s artwork.
The perfect unplugged loose parts play resource to add to your block area, for art creation, sorting, matching, construction, or simply as a delightful sensory plaything!
Each and every piece has been cut and sanded to highlight stunning textural features of woodgrain, knots, burls and interesting shapes.
No artificial finish required, the stunning smooth, silvery texture has been left natural without any need for varnish, oils, waxes or colouring chemicals.
A tactile toy, perfect for little hands, these blocks promote fine motor skills, imagination, and open STEM play. Each block has been carefully crafted and selected for durability, strength and attractiveness, and will endure all sorts of play.
These blocks come in a range of shapes and sizes, from 2cm to 15cm. With long and short, fat and wide, round and bumpy, basic and quirky, delicate and bulky, archways, bridges, cones, beaks, triangles, knots, chimneys and many other unique shapes, the imagination truly can run wild.
Each unique set is carefully selected to maximise and combine as many combinations of shapes and sizes as possible, therefore not all sets will match those pictured.
Being eco-friendly, these wood blocks won’t be contributing to landfill or deforestation. An heirloom quality timber toy that will no doubt be loved for generations.
Block sets come in a sturdy raw calico bag for simple storage.
- Hand selected from sustainable freshwater Tasmanian sources
- Non-toxic, no inks or varnish
- Sanded to a soft finish
- 2-15cm pieces
- Includes drawstring calico bag
- Recommended for ages 3+
- As these are natural items, no two sets will be alike, however, they all include a variety of shapes perfect for sensory exploration and building.
- Though they are all finished and sanded, there may be some rough edges. Adult supervision is recommended, and may be required to observe changes in the wood and lightly sand down and rough sections as they appear
- Included items are listed above, images may show items pictured for demonstration purposes only
- Also available in sets of 20 and 100