'Unboxed: Adventures in Cardboard' Book by Eleanor Ford
This beautifully-presented hardbound book from Adelaide, Australia-based author and publisher, Eleanor Ford, is about using what you have to create something new. To be specific, it's about using cardboard boxes to make sustainable, cool creations that inspire creative STEM/STEAM play, encourage problem solving, and develop a sense of imaginative possibility!
In a world of finite resources and growing consumption, we want to encourage the creative use of simple, recycled materials, like the humble cardboard box, to create play. Encouraging the re-purposing of what we already have is not only great for our planet, it also requires creative thinking to see new possibilities beyond the original purpose, helping young thinkers become the resourceful inventors of the future.
Perfect for early years or primary school classroom use, or at home.
WHAT'S INSIDE THE BOOK?
- 15 PROJECT IDEAS and prompts to make, using cardboard boxes, including rockets, a huge marble run, cubby houses, dress-up costumes, a city, cars and lots more.
- Simple STEM/STEAM-based engineering and design technique ideas for creating with cardboard.
- Lots of other fun creative ideas and a special bonus project.
- Inspiration for making a creative space at home or in the classroom
- A list of basic craft supplies to build your craft cupboard.
- Ideas for using household/classroom RECYCLING, and SUSTAINABLE crafting tips.
- 110 pages of beautiful images.
- Adaptable to suit different age children from 3 years +
Each of the project ideas presented in the book are not only fun to make but also create something that young designers can then play with. For example, building a huge pirate ship that they can then sail the seven seas in!
This beautiful hardback book measures 20cm x 25cm with 110 pages of crafty fun. It is printed in Australia on matte, sustainably sourced paper.
Published 2020 in Australia by Mini Mad World/Eleanor Ford