Examine STEM concepts of slope, cause & effect, momentum and gravity in your outdoor classroom through hands on experimentation with the Outdoor Magnet Wall!
The highly weather-resistant vertical surface of the Outdoor Magnet Wall provides a unique and intriguing alternative to working with ramps on the ground. Magnetic loose parts allow for limitless designs and configurations - all created by children. Vertical drops and descending pathways delight and intrigue toddlers through adults!
Each Magnet Wall comes with the STEM Fundamentals Pack of parts and features unlimited expansion options and endless opportunities for open-ended investigations.
See the full range of Magnet Wall options in our Magnet Wall catalogue (pdf)
Explore different angles, speeds, and distances, by sending solid objects down the wall. The outdoors is rife with opportunity for mixing up concoctions of materials to send cascading down a path - try wet sand and compare the results with dry sand. Ice cubes behave differently than running water and are so much fun to use with this system. Once you have one, you’ll want to spend a lot more time outdoors!
The Outdoor Magnet Wall features weather resistant trim and trays for permanent outdoor installations. It can be mounted to almost any exterior wall or fencing. We leave it to you to choose the best mounting hardware for the surface you’re utilising. If you need some advice about options for installing your Outdoor Magnet Wall, we will be happy to help!
The Outdoor Magnet Wall includes:
- Two 86cm wide x 110cm tall metal panels (total size of joined panels with ball catcher attached) is 172cm wide x 130cm tall) with durable, neutral-coloured plastic trim and ball catch tray (also in durable plastic) where the children can stick, unstick and move magnetic rings which hold ramps, cups, tubes, and many other interactive pieces.
- 4 x Magnetic Ramps (1 x 90cm, 1 x 60cm, 2 x 30cm)
- 2 x Non-Magnetic Ramps (1 x 90cm, 1 x 60cm)
- 5 x Magnetic Rings to hold included ramps and water cups, or your own tunnels, funnels, spouts, etc
- 4 x Magnetic Deflector Walls
- 25 x Wooden Balls
- 4 x Catcher Cups
- Assembly Instructions
- Teacher's guide for ideas and information All materials are high-quality, durable and built to last, made in the USA to exacting standards for safe, engaging play.
- Assembly required, installation not included
- Removal of the plastic covers from the magnets will not only scratch the Magnet Wall panels but it will also void your warranty.
- This product must be secured against a wall or fence for safety.
- Magnets comply with safety standards for use by children over 3 years of age.
- Included accessories are listed above, additional accessories to extend play are available separately. Download our Magnet Wall catalogue here.
- After placing your order, a bulky item surcharge applies for The Mobile Magnet Wall. Surcharge based on the delivery post code.
- Magnet Walls are made to order. Please allow additional time for delivery.