Designed and manufactured by Mud Kitchen in Australia, our Rainbow Peg Board is a sensory resource that's a unique and thoroughly engaging way to play with light and colour!
Even a small amount of natural or artificial light will create an illuminated 'sensory canvas' on which to can create endless patterns, designs, and images. The solid natural wood birch board slots into feet which allow it to be free-standing on a tabletop, floor, or shelf, but lay flat for storage, or to use horizontally on a light board.
Included are 140 transparent solid acrylic pegs in seven bright colours that slide easily into the holes on the board, perfect for developing eye-hand coordination, and fine motor skills.
When the pegs are added to the board, a pixel effect happens, creating an opportunity to learn about visual design, pointillism in art, or the use of pixels to create digital images. Further extend the play by recreating letters and numbers using the pegs on the board. Pegs can be added from both sides of the board, making this both a quiet sensory solo activity or one for pairs or groups.
A sensory experience like no other! Discover how the Rainbow Peg Board can contribute to EYLF outcomes: EYLF Rainbow Peg Board.pdf
Rainbow Peg Board Includes:
- High-quality birch plywood board, measuring 49cm high x 50cm wide (not including the feet height), with 132 uniform holes spaced evenly, finished with a non-toxic finish that easily wipes clean.
- 2 x 9cm high feet that slot snugly into the board.
- 140 x acrylic pegs in a mix of transparent colours,
- Pegs are 7cm long x 2cm in diameter.
- The mix of colours can include: Red, Blue, Purple, Yellow, Green, Pink, and Clear.
- Included items are listed above, images may show items pictured for demonstration purposes only
- Inclusions are listed above, not all items in videos or images are included, and are shown only to illustrate how various packs can fit together to further investigative play
- Not intended for permanent use outdoors, not weather or water-resistant